Welcome to Mended Hearts Chapter 216.
My name is Charlotte O’Connor, the President of Chapter 216. We are an active chapter and have many activities from our Monthly Meetings, to fundraisers, to our annual Holiday Gala. Please browse our website for useful information and details on future programming. Thank you for visiting Mended Hearts Chapter 216.
The purpose of Mended Hearts is to offer help, support and encouragement to heart disease patients and their families. The ways the organization achieves this objective are:
- To visit, with hospital approval, and to offer encouragement and support to heart disease patients and their families.
- To distribute educational information to members of the Mended Hearts, Inc., and to heart disease patients and their families.
- To partner with physicians, nurses, medical professionals and healthcare organizations in their work to support the recovery of heart disease patients and their families.
- To cooperate with other organizations in education and research activities pertaining to heart disease.
- To assist established heart disease rehabilitation programs for members and their families.
- To plan and conduct suitable programs of social and educational interest for members, and for heart disease patients and their families.
In support of these objectives, Chapter 216 has an active visitors program where trained visitors meet with patients and their families either before or after a cardiac procedure. This could be a stent placement, open heart surgery for coronary artertery bypass, or valve replacement. Our visitors provide educational information regarding Chapter 216 events and offer support since every visitor is also a “Mended Heart” having personally been through a cardiac procedure.
Our main educational objective is met with our informative Monthly Meetings, held on the third Wednesday of every month at the Mission Hospital Conference Center. Visit our Monthly Meetings page for information on our upcoming meeting.